Old 23-09-2011, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Gerard B

Gerard Blanc wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm living in North Buckinghamshire in the UK. We have a temperate
climate and the sub-soil is clay. The entire run of the hedge is 33
metres but only 16 metres is effected with this problem (what ever it
is!) I want an even run of Laurel along the entire length -who's to say
any other type of plant would grow any better. I'm pretty sure the
problem must be the soil but I don't know what the nature of the problem
is.

Thanks,
GB

you need to find a local lawn person to come
take a look. there's just too many variables
here and something could be going on that we'd
never be able to guess from here.

for the kind of money you're talking about
spending on replacements i'd consider it a
wise investment.

songbird