Old 24-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
Interesting. Most varieties of phormium died in most places last winter, the exception being those most similar to the basic phormium tenax plain species. But once in that category are usually at least 6 feet high after 5 years. Even with neglect and a dry location.
A local gardening 'expert' was surprised they survived our -18 temperatures last winter. They face full south west onto a south-west-aligned valley, so I suspect that the wind has kept them small. They are very boring looking, so I suspect they are close to the species.

Thanks

Laura