Old 26-09-2011, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Tiny yellow spots on leaves: pests or disease?

KittyB said:

All leaves of my primroses, some roses and catmint this summer got
covered with tiny yellow spots (see attached). Rhododendron, Azalea and
Begonia are intact. I thought it's a whitefly and used Rose Clear Ultra
and Provado Ultimate Bug Killer to cure the plants( but with no success)
and cut the catmint to the roots.
Did anyone encounter the same problem in the garden? What's this? Is
there a chance these pests will die over the winter?

Yellow stippling like this is often caused by spider mites.

Examine the bottoms of the leaves with a strong magnifying glass.

|Filename: P10300171.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=14440|

Pat in Plymouth MI