Old 26-09-2011, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Overwintering Questions

Les Hemmings wrote:
So I've just taken a look in the greenhouse, and I'm wondering what I
can get through to survive until next year.

I've just cropped the Scotch Bonnet chilies from a potted three year old
plant. I bring it indoors onto a sunny windowsil. Chop the branches back by
about 50% & clean the window to maiximise the light it gets. Topdress with
fresh multi purpose compost. Water frugally & don't let it get chilled &
bung it back out once things warm up again.

Excellent. now the decision is going to have to be, do I use the large
downstairs window which gets less light, or the narrow upstairs window which
gets lots of sun and stays warmer, but may be forgotten about easier.