Old 26-09-2011, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Running Water

On Sep 26, 5:34*pm, wrote:
Sacha wrote:
I think I need a duck pond.

It was in ukfd I think, Vicky. *But yes, a pond with some moving water
is a help!

My problem is my aversion to mosquitos. *Ponds are nice to look at, but not
great when you have a garden full of twilight biters. *:-(

I must admit, I'm actually quite fond of the smell of chlorine. *I could sit
outside with the smell of chlorinated water tinkling past me all day, apart
from it's quite close to where a lot of people come out and smoke, so if the
wind's wrong, it's not chlorine you can sniff. *it's also not unheard of for
Jeremy Clarkson to be one of those people smoking in that area, and the
temptation of Jeremy and a water feature does occasionally prompt me to
actions that may not be great for my future career.

A few of the right sort of fish cures mosquitos. (Eat the larvae.)