Old 26-09-2011, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Douwe Egberts jars fore preserves?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:06:56 +0100, mogga
wrote:

I've been given some Douwe Egberts jars (the ones with a plastic bit
in the lid. They're nice sizes and wondered if it was ok to use them
for preserves.
Would be thinking pickled beetroot maybe would be fine.

Has anyone used them?

I've got one of those, but haven't used it yet. I wouldn't expect it
to stand up to heat, but it would be fine for vinegar or salt pickles.
The only reason I haven't used mine is that I prefer a screw top, not
that the polythene would worry me.

--
Mike.