Old 27-09-2011, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Variegated ivy - Leaves not coloured pink and red this year...

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:6f648796ck2a002kg28735grejma1uibrm@
4ax.com:

I wouldn't do that! I really like the plant; the leaf colouring was
spectacular when it was doing it's red-and-pink show in earnest, last
Summer. I also like invasive plants! I have a lot of ground that needs
covering up with something pretty to stifle the weeds! Unfortunately, I
don;t have a pond or any damp areas. I guess I could easily make a pond
though, or greate a deliberate leak in a drain-pipe or something...

Al

Just keep it well watered. By "invasive" I mean it spreads. However I
wouldn't call it "ground cover" - it just pops up where it feels like
it. In that little pot it probably feels a bit cramped as well so
allowing it freedom will give it a pick-me-up.

OK - thanks. I've just learned that it is both a culiniary herb and a
medicinal herb. One site said that when brised, the leaves produce the
fracrance of Seville oranges! It tried that with mine, and found exactly
that! So it seems an interesting plant in many ways. I will keep an eye on
it though, because I gather it's to get rid of, once it spreads...

Al