Old 27-09-2011, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Moore[_2_] Bob Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Michaelmas Daisies

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:26:00 +0100, "Sue"
wrote:

I'd like to find others in different colours if possible, as these are
all pretty much the same lavender blue, so I was wondering if anyone
could suggest any varieties that would grow in a light soil that are a
red, pink or deeper purpley colour?

One that does quite well for me in poor soil with my typical benign
negliect is a dwarf, Aster n.b. "Dwarf Lady in Blue". Seems hard to
kiil, even for me. Very small though (1 foot).

I also have Aster n.a. Purple Dome, but that's fussier about where you
plant it. It doesn't seem to like being buried under my Caryopteris
--
Bob Moore
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/