Old 29-09-2011, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Running Water

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article ,
writes
My dad gets incredibly jittery when he comes to visit, he can't cope with
being so far away from the coast, and it's taken me years to get used to
it.
He finds the weather too hot and dry.

I hated living in Brighton before i got married, never went to beach and
lots of tourists during summer meant that car parks were packed, shops
were full and there was lots of litter.

People in Brighton seem to pave over their gardens as soon as they can
very few what i would term 'English garden' though they can grow fairly
tender stuff, if it can cope with salt air.

Don't miss sea at all! Would now miss trees more, especially at this time
of year when they are just turning.

--
Janet Tweedy

I dropped five ranks in the Civil Service to get back to the Isle of Wight
and the sea :-))

Mike