Old 29-09-2011, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Buddleiea prunings

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:11:05 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
NT wrote:
On Sep 28, 10:26=A0pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I'd got some long 6-9ft drying upright to go in the shredder from last ye=

ar,
but when I came to do it today they looked as good as bamboo with that ho=

le
up the middle so I broke all the twiggie bits off for kindling and will k=

eep
them for bean sticks.
They seem quite strong, has anyone used them in this way?

Most species that are big enough can be used this way. If rooting isnt
wanted, either pull the ones that root up, or plant them upside down.

Except for plants that will tip-in, of course :-)

Which calls to mind oine of my father's anecdotes of Queensland rural
life. For some reason, a boy resented the primary-school project of
bedding out some plants brought on in pots, and complained about the
failure of an ill-starred attempt at sabotage: "I cuts their flamin
roots off; I plants them upside-down; and still the *******s grow!".

--
Mike.