Old 29-09-2011, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_3_] Pete C[_3_] is offline

Default sweetcorn!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Pete C" wrote ...

"alan.holmes" wrote
I have tried to ask this question in the food and rink newsgroup, but I
have not got a sensible answer!

How long do you have to boil it for?

I have cooked hundreds of the things but the memory is not good now!

The users of that newsgroup seem to think that sweetcorn grows in tins!

I've never boiled it. Wrap in foil with lashings of butter, then in the
oven for 15 mins or on the BBQ.
Doesn't boiling remove flavour/goodness? Maybe steam?

Yes we also use the tinfoil method, but you forgot the black pepper.
--

grovels for forgiveness
Pete C