Old 29-09-2011, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Extra strong spiders webs this year?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:49:56 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
.. .
The spiders needing moving before I mowed the lawn yesterday as
they've made webs all round the bushes and hedges. Some of the web
felt really tough to break though!
Either that or I was feeling particularly weak yesterday. Some pretty
big spiders too. (Orb ones I think with huge backsides!)

They'd also reclaimed across the front path (just a couple of threads)
within an hour of my son going through it this morning. Should I be
worried about how many we have round here yet?

On the allotment this morning I spent some time watching a spider build its
web. The radial bit was in place and the spider was going round and out from
the centre. It grabbed a radial and pulled it towards itself, attached silk
from it's rear then moved on. Fascinating. I often sit and watch the bees
going round the French Marigolds. Ain't nature great?!
Pete C

It is.
I love watching bugs.
I prefer it when I can snap spiders web easily though.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk