Old 30-09-2011, 12:59 PM
jaitken55 jaitken55 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookygirl43 View Post
hi! Im a newbie to the site. My first question of many.
I want to grow herbs in a 16" basket...which herbs and how many to put in?
You should get 4-8 in a basket. Just depends on how big you let them get. The height may look a little odd in a basket but trimming them for use should keep them shorter.
You can enjoy fresh herb flavor all year long! Gardeners often dry herbs from their herb garden, so that they'll be able to enjoy their fresh herbs for a few months longer. Drying herbs is an easy, efficient means to preserve fresh herbs, but herbs with a high water content seem to mold before they ever dry. To preserve herbs with a high water content, like basil, chives lemon balm, mint and tarragon, fresh freezing is a better option. The herbs will become limp in the process, but their flavor will be intact.