Old 30-09-2011, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default lawnmower troubles

"MuddyMike" wrote

"Bart" wrote , Janet Tweedy
Not sure if anyone has any suggestions to solve current plight with
lawnmower but I'd be glad of any ideas.

Sounds very much like an electrical problem of some
kind..............as if the fuel supply is blocked, there is no chance
of restart after a short time, without having cleared the blockage
first.

Not always. If the float valve is partially blocked it can allow a little
fuel to trickle through which in time will re fill the float chamber, but
not enough to run the engine, so when the bowl has emptied the engine
splutters and dies from fuel starvation.

I had a similar problem with my 90 and that turned out to be a faulty fuel
pump simply not pumping enough fuel for running at anything above 30 mph. It
would splutter and cut out and then restart and run for a while after a
short rest.
No fuel pump on a Hayter so suspect some fuel blockage somewhere, Could be a
fuel filter in the tank/outlet, the pipe, the inlet to the carb, the float
chamber (usual), and the jet. The only way is to strip it down and blow it
out with a high pressure air line.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.