Old 30-09-2011, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Jake" wrote ...

Trying to photograph spiders today made me realise that I need a
better digital camera as I found it impossible to focus on something
that big (garden spiders with bodies about three quarters of an inch
plus legs are big in my book)! I've got lots of photos of foliage and
brickwork with blurry blobs in front.

Is anyone able to recommend a decent digital camera for close up
photos of little creatures/flowers and the like? I'm happy to spend a
few hundred squid for a good one though for that money I'd like a
proper viewfinder.

For a "proper" viewfinder you need to go to a Digital SLR and for those
the sky is the limit and they fill fit interchangeable lenses of all
shapes and sizes. A DSLR viewfinder looks through the lens you are taking
the photo through so you see what you get, any other type you have
problems especially photographing in close up as what you see will
certainly not be what you photograph. If you seriously want to get into
this type of photography you will also need a ring flash to fit on the
lens.
Work out how much you want to spend and have a chat with a good camera
shop.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Mine with other 'bits and pieces' cost just under £1000.00, but then money
was not the criteria then.

Mike