Old 30-09-2011, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default See what I mean?

In article , Baz wrote:
Janet wrote in
:

They can (rogues) in theory, find me on usenet via gardenbanter, find
my ISP by way of the newsreader and then find my credit card numbers.

No, they can't get your credit card details, or even your real name.
You're quite safe.

It would take a criminal a matter of a couple of hours to get your identity
and also your money.

Er, no. Your fears are not unfounded, but your facts are wrong,
or at least seriously misguided. You are simply not interesting
to the class of criminal who can crack arbitrary servers.

You will notice that I don't hide my Email address or ISP.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.