Old 30-09-2011, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default See what I mean?

wrote in :

In article , Baz
wrote:
Janet wrote in
:

They can (rogues) in theory, find me on usenet via gardenbanter,
find my ISP by way of the newsreader and then find my credit card
numbers.

No, they can't get your credit card details, or even your real
name.
You're quite safe.

It would take a criminal a matter of a couple of hours to get your
identity and also your money.

Er, no. Your fears are not unfounded, but your facts are wrong,
or at least seriously misguided. You are simply not interesting
to the class of criminal who can crack arbitrary servers.

You will notice that I don't hide my Email address or ISP.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Er, ok with me.
I was simply warning unsuspecting users of this and similar groups to be
aware that forensic criminals exist, and we will see them very soon.

It is up to you what you do with your accounts both Email and ISP.

Criminals these days don't just steal your car with equipment such as a
wire coathanger, or just go to a dealer to get a code number. They don't
even need to steal keys. These people are more clever than that. Be warned,
and ever careful,thats what I would say to you.

Baz