Old 30-09-2011, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bart Bart is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

On Sep 30, 12:14*pm, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
Trying to photograph spiders today made me realise that I need a
better digital camera as I found it impossible to focus on something
that big (garden spiders with bodies about three quarters of an inch
plus legs are big in my book)! I've got lots of photos of foliage and
brickwork with blurry blobs in front.

Is anyone able to recommend a decent digital camera for close up
photos of little creatures/flowers and the like? I'm happy to spend a
few hundred squid for a good one though for that money I'd like a
proper viewfinder.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk

Unless you want to spend £1000+ on the very lastest DSLR, something
like a used Nikon D50 for about £200 will work just fine for what you
want, and will allow you to take photos which are pretty much the same
quality as a newer camera costing 5 times as much!