Old 30-09-2011, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default See what I mean?

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:17:32 +0100, Sacha wrote:
[...]
Google archives don't have
anyone's permission to archive posts, as far as I know!

Well, I for one am grateful they do archive everything, and at no
commercial benefit to themselves - though I can't really see how they
could keep it up for ever, particularly as they are no longer very
good at it. One can opt out, which I know isn't perfect, but it's more
than one can do with a published letter to the editor of a paper: that
will be preserved till the British Library is dust.

--
Mike.

:-)

I regularly send Letters to the Editor to about 1855 local newspapers around
the Country. Had a wonderful response once, six months later!!! They used
the paper to wrap some glasses as they were moving. Got round to unpacking
after six months and read my letter :-)) They then got on touch :-)

:-(( Bit different to broadcasting on local Radio. Been interviewed on
nearly all if not all BBC Local Radio stations. Bit of a waste of time
because the broadcast/interview is soon forgotten when the next item comes
along :-(

Mike