Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bart Bart is offline

Default lawnmower troubles

On Sep 30, 9:46*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , MuddyMike
writes

lots of really useful information and ..................

I have a Hayter 56, the slightly bigger brother to yours and in the18 years
I have owned it, other than new blades, it has needed two replacement
diaphragms and one replacement drive belt. they are good machines but do
need basic servicing.

Mike

Well I have had the machine serviced at two very good mower companies
before now but they took so long that i take it to a general mower man
nearby instead .

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and book it in to Bryants or Browns
then ...

Need to print your instructions out in large letters and try and follow
them if I can! Thanks Mike much appreciated

You might find it a whole lot easier, and far less costly to remove
the spark plug when the mower stops, and see whether its sparking
properly or not, as I suggested in an earlier post. Posters on here
seem blissfully unaware of the fact an engine needs 3 things before it
will run: 1) Air 2) Fuel 3) Spark.................you seem to have had
someone investigate the first 2 things at some length, so taking a
good look at the third possibility might be worth a try before
squandering so much money, it would have been cheaper to have bought a
new mower.