Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Sick, no. Frustrated, yes

On 30/09/2011 18:25, Baz wrote:
wrote in :

Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible
within the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that
they can find out with forensic software just how much money they can
steal from you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody
easy to find. Just be aware of this please.

Baz

Sorry, I should have said Foresic Internet Fraud.

Baz

I suggest you stop reading scare stories in the Daily Mail or Express or
which ever paranoid right wing tabloid rag is feeding your delusions.

Get a grip. There are risks to being on the internet, but they can be
managed with a decent firewall and suitable anti virus and malware tools
will go a long way towards protecting you. Trouble is people click on
links and allow unknown code to run. Today even major players distribute
unsigned driver code online which is a total disgrace.

BTW: Knowing a postcode gives you next to nothing in a city.

You should probably be a lot more scared of 118 people search
http://www.118.com/people-search.mvc

Or the fully searchable copy of the (edited) electoral roll for England
given away with a computer magazine a few years back.

If you are really worried about online banking security you can run
something like Trusteer Rapport as recommended by some banks.

http://www.trusteer.com/product/trusteer-rapport

This blocks a most of the potential weak points in common browsers and
adds another layer of protection to secure online transactions.

Regards,
Martin Brown