Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. It seems there's more to this
than meets the eye! Incidentally the reason for a viewfinder is that
whilst I would use the LCD screen for close ups, I'd also want to use
the camera for other stuff and I find the LCD useless for panoramic
shots, usually in the sun when with the brightness turned up full I
can't see the screen clearly. Plus holding the camera against the
face, so to speak, steadies it more.

My current camera supposedly has a macro feature but seems to define
something small as the size of a house brick!

Harry - I don't think I'll stretch to Photoshop though I've got
Photoshop Elements (now apparently called "Lite"). I find Serif
Photoplus X4 to be a lot faster and just as capable (if you phone
Serif and ask for the price, then say that's too much, you should get
it down to around £25 after a short while).

Now on with the research. Thanks again.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk