Old 01-10-2011, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. It seems there's more to this
than meets the eye! Incidentally the reason for a viewfinder is that
whilst I would use the LCD screen for close ups, I'd also want to use
the camera for other stuff and I find the LCD useless for panoramic
shots, usually in the sun when with the brightness turned up full I
can't see the screen clearly. Plus holding the camera against the
face, so to speak, steadies it more.

My current camera supposedly has a macro feature but seems to define
something small as the size of a house brick!

Harry - I don't think I'll stretch to Photoshop though I've got
Photoshop Elements (now apparently called "Lite"). I find Serif
Photoplus X4 to be a lot faster and just as capable (if you phone
Serif and ask for the price, then say that's too much, you should get
it down to around £25 after a short while).

Now on with the research. Thanks again.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk

Hi Jake, there are so many very good cameras on the market today that it
would be difficult to decide the best for your purpose. I use Canon
equipment - DSLR for my "main" photography, but on the occasions when some
real close-up is required, I find my Canon G11 superb and more convenient.
using the sivel-back to view the subject really helps. So much more
conveneint than my DSLR.

Bill