Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Bonfires

"harry" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 9:04 pm, Chris Fryer Chris.Fryer.
wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on this forum. Does anyone know the rules on
lighting bonfires in England? I have a few things, weeds, cuttings, etc,
that I would like to incinerate. I don't know if I would be allowed to.

--
Chris Fryer

Best of all is to make a compost heap. I don't burn anything

.................................................. ..............

As everybody knows we only have a small garden, which in turn is split into
small 'gardens', 'gardens' much to the amusement to some , however, we
compost a lot but there are some things which we do not entrust to the
compost heap. Obnoxious weeds and large tooooooooooo chunky branches which
won't go through the shredder. These go to my daughter and son in laws
garden for a bonfire. Their garden is too big for any neighbour to be
annoyed which I think is your main thought, 'Will it annoy a neighbour'. If
you get on with your neighbours, as I do, the last thing you want to do is
upset them

Mike