Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bonfires

"harry" wrote ...

Chris Fryer wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on this forum. Does anyone know the rules on
lighting bonfires in England? I have a few things, weeds, cuttings, etc,
that I would like to incinerate. I don't know if I would be allowed to.

Best of all is to make a compost heap. I don't burn anything.

Or take it down to your local tip where they recycle green waste. That way
you won't annoy your neighbours on a sunny day like one of ours constantly
does with his foul smelling smoky fires.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.