Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chrisj.doran%[email protected] chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk@gtempaccount.com is offline

Default Bonfires

On 2011-10-01 21:04:46 +0100, Chris Fryer
said:

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on this forum. Does anyone know the rules on
lighting bonfires in England? I have a few things, weeds, cuttings, etc,
that I would like to incinerate. I don't know if I would be allowed to.

They appear to differ from local authority to local authority. *Best to
check with your local/parish council, perhaps.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

If you ask and are told "No, never", you have a problem. Best not to
ask. Compost whatever you can and save the rest for a big once-a-year
burn-up around November 5th when no one can reasonably complain, even
if they can work out where the fire it is. that's what I do. Except
that for the last few years, it's been far too wet around then for my
pile to burn, so it's getting rather big.

Chris