Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:39:50 +0100, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

Hi Jake, there are so many very good cameras on the market today that it
would be difficult to decide the best for your purpose. I use Canon
equipment - DSLR for my "main" photography, but on the occasions when
some
real close-up is required, I find my Canon G11 superb and more convenient.
using the sivel-back to view the subject really helps. So much more
conveneint than my DSLR.

Bill

Thanks Bill. In the past I've had various Canon Ixus models and an
early Powershot and they were all good for what I wanted at the time.
The G11 has presumably been overtaken by the G12 which looks good and
Paul's post about a minute after yours links to some examples of
photos taken with the G12 and which seem to meet what I'm looking for.

I think I'll pay a visit to Jessops and see what they recommend (if
different) before finally making up my mind.

Cheers, Jake

Perhaps shoppong around will come up with a better price , eg Amazon quote a
good price.

Bill
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!