Old 02-10-2011, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bart Bart is offline

Default Use of the English Language.

On Oct 2, 2:49*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

On 2011-10-01 20:09:26 +0100, The Clerk
said:

Why does anyone need to use foul language. our language is so rich
that one can always curse without cussing. Keep calm and carry on. :-)
Chris.

Actualy, there are times when a swear word makes a point in a way nothing
else can. *It is especially effective when someone who very rarely swears,
uses a small piece of bad language. *As you see, it makes a point by its
very existence and one that most people appear to agree with in terms of
its descriptive flexibility!
--
Sacha

I see. So you would swear in front of the Vicar, The Queen etc would you?

Are you unable to express yourself strongly and firmly enough with the
'polite' English language that words fail you and you resort to the language
of the gutter?

I look forward to your and other's comments on this.

Losing your temper so it makes you swear. And this leads to the excessive
use of the 'f' word in public. I trust all the readers of this
newsgroup/forum support this? If not, why not? Where exactly do you draw the
line, and why there?

Mike

Calling someone like you a complete **** isnt really swearing, its
simply a statement of fact.