Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 13:59:44 +0100, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
.. .

I think I'll pay a visit to Jessops and see what they recommend (if
different) before finally making up my mind.

Perhaps shoppong around will come up with a better price , eg Amazon quote a
good price.

Bill

Quite right. Jessops online was the cheapest I'd found the G12 but
Amazon clearly beats that. A chat in the shop won't hurt though. I
doubt I'll buy one there and I don't think they could complain if
having chatted I said I wanted to think a bit before buying, given the
price.

It's galling that a few times today I'd have (almost!) given my right
arm for a camera capable of taking some opportunist shots of little
things including a spider I've never seen before. Once you start
thinking about something you notice these opportunities more; at least
I do.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk