Old 02-10-2011, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default OTish - Good nature camera recommendations?

On 02/10/2011 17:48, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 13:59:44 +0100, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

"Jake"Nospam@invalid wrote in message

I think I'll pay a visit to Jessops and see what they recommend (if
different) before finally making up my mind.

Perhaps shoppong around will come up with a better price , eg Amazon quote a
good price.

Bill

Quite right. Jessops online was the cheapest I'd found the G12 but
Amazon clearly beats that. A chat in the shop won't hurt though. I
doubt I'll buy one there and I don't think they could complain if
having chatted I said I wanted to think a bit before buying, given the
price.

It's galling that a few times today I'd have (almost!) given my right
arm for a camera capable of taking some opportunist shots of little
things including a spider I've never seen before. Once you start
thinking about something you notice these opportunities more; at least
I do.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk

Don't forget the light issues with macro photography i.e. the camera
blocking the light. A whole new ball game.....