Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Wyvales being sold?

On 2011-10-02 18:08:00 +0100, Rod said:

On Oct 2, 3:03 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Mor...entre-reuters_....

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Hmm.................Interesting, I wouldn't rule out Tesco yet.
Wonder if they'll send plants & compost with the groceries?

Rod

Tesco owns Dobbies. *Is that what you meant?
--
Sacha

No, Sacha, The Reuters news item about Wyevale and Morrisons also said
that earlier Tesco had been tipped as possible buyers for Wyevale as
well. Seriously though I'd hate to see their Bridgemere centre spoiled
in a takeover. This is still far the best garden centre around here in
spite of having been owned by Wyevale since John Ravenscroft retired.
They had the sense to keep the Bridgemere identity and standards after
the takeover. It's quite a pilgrimage from here but still worth it
once a year.

Rod