Old 02-10-2011, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Bonfires

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:51:32 GMT, Baz wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

Or take it down to your local tip where they recycle green waste. That
way you won't annoy your neighbours on a sunny day like one of ours
constantly does with his foul smelling smoky fires.

As well as the foul smelling smoky fires it has been not been uncommon
where I live for the fire service to be called out when the smoke is
visible from a few streets away. Obviously well intentioned because I
suppose they think some poor soul is in trouble.

Don't you have wheelie bins for garden refuse where you live? We have had
ours for years.

We have 3 bins, one large one for general household waste, 2 smaller ones,
one for cardboard and plastic, the other for green garden waste.

We also have 2 plastic boxes, one for newspapers/mags. and the other for
tin cans and glass.

Makes me think what people put into the large general houshold bin.

I have drifted off topic I know but I feel it is warrented.

Baz

Lucky you, Baz (in relation to garden waste recycling not the local
fire fanatic). Nothing like that here. You have to buy little green
plastic bags at an exorbitant price. The bags are so weak that they
break if you put more than a couple of left over impatiens in them and
then you have to use another one to put the first in or they won't
collect it.

The black bags the council supply for non-recyclable waste are
deliberately almost see-through. If the guys notice any plant material
in the bag they will leave it.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk