Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Bonfires

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

Lucky you, Baz (in relation to garden waste recycling not the local
fire fanatic). Nothing like that here. You have to buy little green
plastic bags at an exorbitant price. The bags are so weak that they
break if you put more than a couple of left over impatiens in them and
then you have to use another one to put the first in or they won't
collect it.

The black bags the council supply for non-recyclable waste are
deliberately almost see-through. If the guys notice any plant material
in the bag they will leave it.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
sweeping up leaves by the cubic metre!

www.rivendell.org.uk

Different councils I guess.

I think we are lucky where we live. You on the other hand are not and I am
sure that this way of thinking will surely come soon for you.

If I had to guess, I think that we have had this for at 5 years at least.

We had to fight the council BTW (not me) to find out how our couincil tax
was being used, and Elliot Morley flopped over like a rotten kipper. To be
fair, he was doing it already. A shove in the right place.

Baz

BTW, I love your post on GB