Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
I am taking a specimen Leylandii down and most of it is going through the shredder.

Question. Will it harm the compost to mix large quantities in? I so what
proportion of mix would anyone recommend?
Leylandii is very acidic and very slow to break down. So the answer on what proportion to mix in is "not very much." When I've put some in my compost bin, I've found it barely altered 3 years later. I take it all to the tip these days, where they can deal with it.