Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
pfe47 pfe47 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
KittyB said:

All leaves of my primroses, some roses and catmint this summer got
covered with tiny yellow spots (see attached). Rhododendron, Azalea and
Begonia are intact. I thought it's a whitefly and used Rose Clear Ultra
and Provado Ultimate Bug Killer to cure the plants( but with no success)
and cut the catmint to the roots.
Did anyone encounter the same problem in the garden? What's this? Is
there a chance these pests will die over the winter?

Yellow stippling like this is often caused by spider mites.

Examine the bottoms of the leaves with a strong magnifying glass.

|Filename: P10300171.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=14440|

Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored
There are several diseases which is happening in plants but yellowing leaves can be caused by a number of conditions. If the cause is obvious, you can fix it immediately. If the cause isn't so obvious, try changing one thing at a time until you fix it. Even after you correct the problem, however, it's likely that yellow leaves will fall off with time. Don't worry: if the plant regains its health, it's very possible that new leaves will fill in during the next growing season