Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Chris Whelan Chris Whelan is offline

Default Not lending tools, excuse

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:43:51 +0100, john east wrote:

We have some new neighbours that have moved in next door and they ask to
borrow garden tools (and car tools).

The problem for me is I have to go and ask for them back, and they are
not always there. I wanted to use my garden rake today and went around
to get it back, but they are out; so I cannot do the job.

We like these neighbours and want to remain friends. What reason can I
give to them not to lend my tools to them which will cause the minimal
amount of friction? I'm looking for an imaginative (yet plausible)
excuse to give them.

Wait until late at night, knock at their door and ask for the tool back
as you need to early in the morning?

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.