Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.gardening

Default Not lending tools, excuse

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:43:25 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'll happily lend such stuff but expect it back immediately after use.
If that doesn't happen without a good excuse, it shows a lack of
respect. And I simply won't do so again. Anyone who can't accept this is
best avoided.

Aye, I detest lending any tools. There are three scenarios:

Tool is not promptly returned.
Tool is returned but damaged.
Tool is promptly returned.

1 out 3 for a good result from the loan, not odds I like.

These people have alraedy shown that they cannot be trusted to bring
the tool back promptly and this has caused *you* inconvience. They
are taking advantage, don't let 'em.

--
Cheers
Dave.