Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Richard

Default Onyx sand

"WD" wrote in message
news:Pscca.72285$eG2.11803@sccrnsc03...
I *thought* I rinsed it well enough. I thought wrong. I spent nearly 10
minutes on each bag, flowing clean water through it to remove the

"residual
dust". "Residual" my left one. This stuff is *all* dust. The tank looks

like
a sandstorm at midnight, and has been sitting for hours. Any ideas on how

can rectify this FUBAR, and still make use of the sub?

mt,tia,iai.

Billy

That onyx sand is pretty, but a real pain. I usually throw a two or three
hagen powerheads with quickfilters attached to them in overnight, usually
clears things up pretty well by morning. That is, assuming there is no fish
in the tank, be a wild ride for the fish. In a 29, i use a pair of 402's,
in a 68 i used a pair of 802's, in a 95, a pair of 802's with a pair of
402's. Other than that, best i could recommend would be a magnum with a
micron cartridge.

HTH