Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default Onyx sand

In article BCkca.77970$eG2.12673@sccrnsc03, WD wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message
That onyx sand is pretty, but a real pain.

*Now* I find that out. g Thanks. I'll scrounge up a couple PH's.

LOL, I just let mine sit when I did my Onyx 29 gal tank. Took close to
24 hours before things started to clear up well. Took close to 72
before it was really clear. I didn't worry about any powerheads - I
just stuck my HOB filter in there and let it go to town.

One thing I've noticed in that tank is that the water is rarely as
polished as my lacquered gravel tank. It seems to be really easy to get
particulate matter floating in it. I'm not sure if this has anything to
do with the Onyx or maybe it's just the lighting...

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.