Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Opinions On Cannabis

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote

"Bob Hobden" said:
snip

Jamie, I tell it as it is and if that offends your young sensibilities
don't ask the question.

Do any of you actually believe this is someone with 'young sensibilities'
or a trouble maker with a grudge against urg? Or one of its friends.
After a certain troll gets rapped knuckles, posts like this suddenly pop
up in urg. It's such a recurrent pattern that it always surprises me a
little that anyone is taken in.

This post asked a question which I answered from my experience, nothing
more. If it is another troll or indeed a sock puppet, who cares, it's got
us talking on the subject and thrown up some differing views amongst
regulars which is stimulating.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Not particularly interested in who put it up, but it raises one question
with me, one I hadn't thought of before and I wonder if it applies to any of
the older readers of this newsgroup.

When I first left school and had a pay packet, I thought on the lines of 'Oh
well, let's try smoking as all grown ups do' I spluttered my way through a
couple of fags, couldn't see any sense in it and packet it in there and
then.

Nowadays, drugs seem to be the 'in' thing. Not so much 60 odd years ago.
However, 'HAD' drugs been the 'in' thing and I liked them, would I have
become a druggy?

And you older ones who smoke, how did you start and 'could it' have been
drugs?

I fully expect the usual abuse and bile from the usual people who have a go
at me, but let's see if this arouses the possibility in the older one as to
whether THEY could have become druggies just as they became smokers

Mike