Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Opinions On Cannabis

On 04/10/2011 00:11, jamie smith wrote:
Hey everyone, another thread from me, I bet you are all getting bored of
these threads, anyway I would really like your opinion on growing
cannabis and using cannabis. Thank you for reading my boring threads

These days it is an EU licensed horticultural crop c. savita var savita
genetically stripped of its ability to make THC and related components
and grown for the hemp fibre which has had a resurgence lately.

AFAIK It is not grown much commercially in the UK not really warm enough
but I have seen many fields of it growing in southern France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

The main opposition to growing it as a biomass/natural fibre comes from
the US and their zero tolerance "War on Drugs". A myopic policy which
serves only to enhance profitability of their prison industry.

Flax is also making something of a come-back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...y-1573790.html

So yes cannabis aka hemp does have its legal uses.

Regards,
Martin Brown