Old 05-10-2011, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Village Pond Water Level

On 04/10/2011 17:45, harry wrote:
On Oct 4, 4:29 pm, wrote:
:-((

Gone down

Daughter and Son in Law's Pond Level

Gone down

:-((

How are others around the country?

Mike

I have two. Have water quality issues with one of them. Seem to be
insurmountable.

Water at the bottom of my garden, which is fed by a stream, is very low,
in fact the "sump" I dug to pump up watering water has only a few inches
in the bottom. The same stream feeds a pond a few hundred yards away in
a near neighbours garden, that is now merely patches of damp mud. Guess
the ducks and herons are going hungry. I am amazed the water authorities
have not applied restrictions. Mind you those in Scotland have had
almost none stop rain this year as far a I can make out