Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Tomorrow

"Martin" wrote

David in Normandy wrote:

Bill Grey wrote:

As we all get older, big plants like confers can become more amd more of
liability - more than we an cope with.

I planted a few Leylandii trees on the border of my property six years
ago. Not a problem to any neighbours as this is the middle of the French
countryside and they are a good distance from anyone. The trees are now
well established and heading skywards.

I've got way too much "lawn" so offered a local farmer the opportunity
to put some cattle in that area, but apparently the Leylandii are
poisonous to cattle. One lives and learns. So I've got to either keep
cutting an unwanted "lawn" or lose the trees so the land can be put to
better use.

Looks like the chainsaw will be put to use this Winter.

You could put a match to your trees.

Yes, a largish one near here next to the railway caught light and went up
like a torch, I never realised how dangerous, fire wise, they are.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.