Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Does size matter?

On Oct 5, 5:57*pm, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

I've been saving seed from runners and french beans. Seed size varies
enormously, does that affect the result next year?
Pete C

* I sort and keep ones that are even, plump and firm with a shiny perfect
"skin". Only because that's what my grandfather did. Since I've never
planted the runty lumpy/dented/nicked *ones I don't know if selection
makes any difference at all :-)

* Janet

I just save the seeds from the best pods,
I've always understood if you plant from runts you will loose the
quality, select for improvement.