Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default rustic weeping rosemary

On 05/10/2011 19:14, Emery Davis wrote:
I'm looking for the hardiest possible weeping rosemary cultivar. To
drape down a low wall. We very occasionally see -15C. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-E

I grow Rosmarinus 'Severn Sea', which Jekka McVicar's site call "frost
hardy". However, it has survived in my garden for 4-5 years, despite
the heavy snowfall and frosts of the last two winters. It is on heavy
clay, but at the front of a retaining wall, perhaps similar to your
intended site. The wind often whips it and tosses it back on itself, so
it is fairly exposed. There was a tiny bit of damage last year, but the
plant is doing well. It has the most beautiful blue flowers

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London