Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Chisholm Jim Chisholm is offline

Default Carrot woes

On 04/10/2011 17:13, Peter James wrote:
wrote:

Thanks for all the information on barriers, I'll try that next year.
What does not work for me is enviro fleece. It is impossible (nearly) to
keep them weeded, also the rain does not get through, plus when you
remove the cover to pull some the blighter slip in.

A barrier of fleece worked for me this year and last year.

I've used 'enviromesh' for three years. It has made it worth growing
carrots. Rain gets through (if we get any in East Anglia!), and it is
easy to hold down with bricks (and hoops to hold it up!)

I found fleece doesn't last.

Jim Chisholm