Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Critters on my Pluot tree

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
In article , phorbin
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...

I don't have a digital camera, but they were caterpillars

Were there 'tents' on the tree?

no tents, no "fur" and slightly different coloring

If so, look up tent caterpillar.

In numbers, they can strip trees bare.

We usually knock the tents apart before they get too far along.

If I had noticed them, I would have done that

thanks

Are you anywhere near botanical gardens or a tertiary institute where they
teach horticulture? If you take some grubs in a jar they may identify them
for you as a public service.

yeh, I could do that. Problem is all of the critters were disposed of and
(thankfully) no new ones have appeared. next time I'll take them somewhere.

thanks