Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Where to buy bulk epson salt?

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:36:02 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

I've just been told that the curled under leaves on my italian prune trees are
caused by magnesiom deficiency and I should apply a few pounds of epson salts
under each tree.

Is the diagnosis likely to be accurate? Location is Seattle.

What kind of store wound I go to for a good price on 50 or 100 lb bags of epson
salt?

For bulk epsom salt you will pay between $1-$1.50/pound... my local
Walmart has 1 pound containers for $1. Amazon.com sells 20 pound
containers for $20 but then there's shipping. The San Fransico Salt
Company sells bulk at wholesale but you need to phone them for rates.
http://www.sfbsc.com/wholesale-bath-salt-manufacturing
I wouldn't use epsom salt for gardening purposes, check further about
plum tree + magnesium deficiency, sounds like BS to me... some web
sites say yea, some nay, none give details so it's a crap shoot...
you'd do better to literally add bull shit.... instead of a truckload
of salts invest in a composter.