Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rustic weeping rosemary

On 10/07/2011 12:47 PM, Martin Brown wrote:
We grow many zone 8 and even a few zone 9 plants, although the winters
before this last one were very hard on the garden and I did lose quite a
few established ones.

-E

I lost all my bamboos and a fig tree last year in the early onset winter
I thought the latter was supposed to be cold hardy once established
too - although it had obviously not read the rules!

Yup, I am bambooless (bamboozled?) now too. I lost several well
established Himalayan maples too. We're certainly in a difficult cycle
currently, I'll be delighted to swing back the other way a bit. Don't
fancy the cold at all.

Sorry to hear about the fig tree, I thought they were pretty tough too.
We don't really get enough sun to give one a go.

-E