Old 07-10-2011, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default rustic weeping rosemary

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

I don't want to start all over again as I use quite a lot of it in
cooking. However I must do something as I can't reach the vine growing
on the wall above it. And, anyway, I'm ashamed of the sight of it!

Layer it, in a pot if you need to. When the layers have rooted well,
scrap the original plant and put the layers in the soil.

That's a good idea and one which I hadn't thought of. I'd thought of
taking cuttings but that's a bit iffy. Layering is more secure. Thanks,
Nick!

If you want to save some for cooking meanwhile, cut a bunch of healthy
leafy looking twigs, rinse bag and freeze them.. defrosted they are fine
to stick in a leg of lamb etc or pull some leaves off for baking focaccia
etc.

Yes, I might well do that, though I've never been a fan of dried/frozen
herbs as they seem to lose their flavour. Still, that's better than not
having any at all.

David

http://rance.org.uk